Random observations about life and film and art and whatever else might strike my fancy.
Nothing too controversial, and not too far from the central focus on film. I will use these pages to write a bit on things that would not fit all that closely within one of my reviews, but which are still relevant. I don’t know how regular it might be, or if it will have the longevity the reviews have demonstrated. Let’s just play it by ear.
- Movies and Life (published July 13, 2018)—Living life as a movie
- Photography vs. Cinematography (published July 20, 2018)—The differences in the similarities.
- Simplicity (published August 12, 2018)—Overcoming the equation between production difficulty and quality.
- Directing is not Film Making (published August 31, 2018)—Time to put antique ideas on the shelf.
- Dreams and Films (published November 18, 2018)—The two are often compared, but how valid is the comparison really?
- The Cellophane Wrapped Image (published December 19, 2018)—Some gripes about digital imagery.
- Realistic Animation (published January 2, 2019)—The paradox of a worthless process.
- Experimental Cinema (published March 13, 2019)—Why being called an “experiment” is the kiss of death for a film.
- Favorites (published July 13, 2019)—What really matters when choosing what to watch?